Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Greetings!

My name is Marla and this will be my first sweater project. Ever since the Fall Knitty came out, I knew I wanted to knit Samus. I started by teaching myself how to do cables, which were much easier than I thought. Last night I was able to purchase 8 skeins of Lamb's Pride in Forest Green. I'm not an orange person, but this green was screaming, knit me, I'm perfect! Also I did my gauge swatch last night. I'll be using size 8 Susan Bates Quicksilver ciculars. The were the only ones in 36 inches the store had. For the braid, I'm using size 8 straight Clovers because they are a little easier to work with.

If anyone is interested, I wrote out the Saxon braid pattern in a Word document. By that I mean a changed when the pattern says to 3PRC to have the actually directions written out (Slip next st to cable needle, hold to back of work, k2, p1 from cable needle). I found it easier to work with and right now I'm testing it to make sure it is correct.

When I finish my first section of braid, I'll post a picture of it.

2 Comments:

  • The Forest Green sounds lovely. I also used the straight Clovers for the braid. There was too much needle for me with the circular. I will often use a circular needle for flat knitting, but it did not work for this one.
    Looking forward to your photo.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 1:33 PM  

  • Hi Marla beautiful colour you have chosen.
    Is there any chance you could share your word doc after you check for errata?
    I work better from written instruction too. This will be my first cable project.
    Patty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home