Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Friday, September 16, 2005

my wool choice and swatch

I finished my swatch for Samus, and managed to find the right yarn/needle combo on the first try. Yay! I'm using Elann Peruvian Highand Wool, in a shade of purple whose name I don't remember. (I bought it a while ago.) I'm using size 8 Bernat bamboo needles, which are new to me, and very lovely to knit with.

The Elann wool is nice and soft, and has a lot of drape to it. It expanded a tiny bit when I washed it, but that put me right on gauge, so I'm not complaining. The fabric is actually a bit looser and drapier than I'd usually choose (I prefer bulletproof fabric ;), but it's quite lovely, and I think it will work great with this design.

I probably won't cast on for a while, since I have other projects to occupy me now, but I thought I'd share the info in case it's useful to anyone who is still looking for yarn recommendations. Here's a picture of the swatch, if you're curious:




- Rebekkah
http://bowerbirdknits.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

  • I love the color of your yarn, nice choice for Samus. I have always been tempted to purchase that yarn from Elann. I am happy to read that it is soft. I will not hesitate next time.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home