Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I finished the cable waist band and picked up 204(!) stitches for the body. This stockinette seems endless!

I am using a lamb's pride in tiger lily which is not as bright as Orange You Glad. It is more like a terracotta color.

I love the way stockinette looks when using Lamb's Pride. There is an article on Knitty that explains why it looks like this. I found it pretty interesting. I had noticed that different yarns produced stitches that looked different but didn't know why.
Hubby is taking me away this coming weekend. I will have at least a 2 hour ride on Friday night and another 2 hour ride on Saturday until we get to our destination. I plan to take Samus with me so I can work on the body.

5 Comments:

  • That is a beautiful color! Hopefully I'll be picking up my waist stitches soon! I thought the sleeves were bad. I'm really not looking forward to the body :-(

    By Blogger Saffista, at 11:25 PM  

  • I love it that we knitters measure traveling time by how many rows we can get done in one trip!

    By Blogger idyllicchick, at 12:52 PM  

  • Hi Kim and Samus Knitters~ ~ ~

    I loved your Lambs Pride Tiger Lily Color and when I went to my LYS guess what?! She had the Tiger Lily on sale but she only had 6 skeins. I couldn't remember how many I needed for Samus but I bought them anyway along with 2 skeins of Prairie Fire which is a sort of wine color. The 2 look great together sort of southwesterny and I am considering doing my Samus in these 2 colors. The Tiger Lily for the body and the cables in the Prarie Fire. Here is my question???
    I will be doing the size 46. Has anyone else done this size and How many balls of Lambs Pride wool did you use for the cables on the bottom and the sleeves. I am wondering if the 6 skeins that I have for the body will be enough if I do the cables in the contrasting color.
    Any comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ahrisha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

  • Sorry, I didn't see your question until now...I am making a size that is not available in the Knitty pattern. I e mailed the designer and she sent me the original pattern. The chest size is 43.5. That said...i used one full ball for the waist cables. I haven't done the writst cables yet.

    HTH

    By Blogger Kim, at 2:17 PM  

  • OOps meant to add that I used 3 skeins for the body so six should do it for 4. I just started my 5th skein for the cuffs

    By Blogger Kim, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home