Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Saxon Braid Decision

I am almost there! I possibly am there. Anyone who is knitting the large if you could please tell me your measurment of the braid length for the bottom of the sweater. I am not a tight knitter so it could be my knitting. I am at 8 repeats and it fits perfectly around with some ease. I am afraid if I do 1 more repeat it will end up too big. I need the width for the top or it won't big enough, but I am lacking in the hip department. I am going to think about this so I am not unhappy with the end result. Thanks

5 Comments:

  • This is too funny...I was going to post this same question.

    I was right on with my gauge, even though I am a tight knitter and usually need to go up 1 or even 2 needle sizes. My stitch and row gauge were right on.

    I am at 6 repeats and it is 30 1/2 inches long.(should be 30 according to the pattern) 9 repeats will give me ~45 inches. I have a sweater that is styled similarly and I like the way it fits. It is 42 inches at the waist. 3 more inches is going to be too much, I think.

    I am thinking about maybe doing 8 or 8 1/2 repeats and trying to adjust the rest of the pattern.

    I hope someone comes a long and answers our questions! :-)

    By Blogger Kim, at 6:11 AM  

  • This is a good question. I'd post it over on the yahoo list as well. Perhaps the lovely and talented Brynne can answer your questions.

    By Blogger Saffista, at 7:35 AM  

  • My large turned out to be exactly 44 inches. I ended up knitting the large instead of the medium because I knew I'd be wearing a shirt under it. I can't measure it right now because my tape measure only goes up to 39 inches. Doh!

    Marla

    By Blogger Marla, at 9:14 AM  

  • I e mailed Brynne and she sent me the orginal pattern that has a couple of different sizes, include 43.5 She said I could forward it to whoever needed it so send me your e mail address. :-)

    By Blogger Kim, at 6:16 PM  

  • Thank you Kim. I decided to end the braid at 8 repeats. I have picked up the stitches for the body of the sweater. I am all set at the moment. If I need the pattern I will let you know. Thanks again. Good luck with yours.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home