Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Friday, September 09, 2005

Got Gauge?

Yep, as a matter of fact I do! Tonight I swatched for Samus. Want proof?

'Samus

From the bottom up. Knitting with Addis actually gave me loose fabric and 20-21 stitches/4 inches. Then I decided to try 8s in Ebony Lantern Moon straights because I find that Addis usually give me pretty true gauge but any wood needles give me gauge that is off by 1-3 needles sizes depending on the yarn because I knit insanely tight. The LMs gave me 19sts/4" gave me gauge on yarn that calls for US 7s. The next part of the swatch was knit on Denise circs because I can't knit the whole thing on straight needles. I got gauge on 8s there too. So it looks like I have needles selected as long as this yarn shows the cables well. If not it's back to the drawing board and probably a trip to River Knits for different yarn. Wish me luck! I'm on to the cabled waistband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home