Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Samus done?

I see I haven't posted in quite a while so it's time to confess that I finished my Samus and have worn it at least 5 times - in fact I'm wearing it now. However, I still haven't broken down and installed the zipper. So does it count as an FO if the plan is still to put the zipper in at some point? Does everyone just want pictures to jump start their engines for this project again? Let me know and I'll post them if you want.
Otherwise if there is someone who is willing to hold my hand through the zipper process that would be great. I inspired a lady from the local SnB group to want to make Samus now too, but she is even more apprehensive about the zipper part than I am. Any inspirational thoughts or pointers for me?

Meghan

2 Comments:

  • There is a good explanation of zipper installation at the end of the fair isle rib zip jacket pattern on the Interweave Knits website, http://www.interweave.com
    It is in the subscriber only section, so you need a password.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • I stitched mine in by machine. I would baste it in place first then stitch. You could also handstitch. This might help you.
    http://www.chicknits.com/ttizipper.shtml

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home