Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Friday, October 14, 2005

Samus Update


Picture038Still chugging along on the body. I've finished the waist shaping I decided to add, and am just working till I get to 16" of sweater. I have a feeling that I am going to run out of yarn - I am hoping that I will have enough to finish the body (4 and a half skeins remain - about 427 yards - for reference, I've used 13 and a half skeins so far), and I've already done the sleeves, but I don't think I'll have enough for the i-cord trim. I know that the designer suggested in the pattern using different colors for the cables, sweater body, and trim - so if I run out (quite likely), I think I'll get a complimentary color to use for the trim. Any suggestions? I'm using Wedgewood, for reference. Also, how many balls do you think I should get for the i-cording? Do you think it is likely that I'll run out (I'm so bad at 'eyeing' stuff)? Should I pick up an extra skein of the MC, too?

Here's a slightly 'artsy' (read: dark) picture of my progress as of last night. I took it in the car on the way back home, where I knit and slept in the backseat.

2 Comments:

  • If it helps with your estimates at all, it took me less than a 50g ball of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes for the applied I-cord in a size XL. I'd estimate it took about 30g/60yards for my size XL. Hope that helps!

    By Blogger Amy, at 8:10 PM  

  • Amy, that *does* help - thank you!

    By Blogger Jessie, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home