Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Progress....



Just a quick note to show my progress. Finished one side of the front and working on about 7 inches of plain stockinette on the top of the back. So far this has been a really good experience. I have one problem that I haven't taken a picture of yet because I am hoping that it will just disappear someday all by itself. (I'm not holding my breath for that luckily.) In the middle of the back there is a dropped stitch that just flat-out refused to be picked up. I noticed it about an inch and a half later. Tried picking it up about 4 times with no success. At this point if it doesn't take pity on me and disappear I am either going to ignore it, or try using a duplicate stitch to cover it. Is that a totally stupid idea? Any other suggestions out there that don't involve ripping back to that spot? 'Cause my heart just wouldn't be able to take it.

4 Comments:

  • I think that's a great idea! I have an error in my body Saxon braid that I *wish* I would have fixed when I had the chance. They're bugging the snot out of me now. If I could somehow fix it without ripping it out, I'd do it! I say "Go for it!"

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:40 AM  

  • Yeah, go to your LYS (I hope you've got one...) and ask them for help picking up the stitch. Good luck!

    By Blogger Chicago Jen, at 12:48 PM  

  • Did you try using a crochet hook? That usually works for me.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 3:24 PM  

  • I used a crochet hook on it and it just refused to be picked up. It almost seemed like I was moving it down a row each time if that is even possible. I tried it from that stitch and from the one next to it just in case it was that one that was really dropped and it still wouldn't work. It worked on every other place there was a dropped stitch though. Oh well I guess. Too late to take it out now without a ton of work. A friend and I are taking a road trip this morning to 2 LYS' that we haven't ever been to so maybe they can help me with it. Thanks for the suggestions.

    By Blogger Meghan, at 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home