Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Monday, September 19, 2005

Using the chart


I have never really successfully knitted from a chart before. I decided to be ambitious and restrict myself to the chart for this sweater. But, the chart was so small and I kept losing my place so I used Jessie's idea of color coding the chart and I also enlarged it, cut it out and laminated it. I bought a small magnet board and line magnifier from Knit Picks when I bought my yarn and ta da!! I've had no problems at all following my new chart! I know this sounds like a lot of effort, and it is, but it's worth it.

3 Comments:

  • That little magnet magnifier looks like a life saver (and much more hi-tech than the post-it I've been using to keep track of my progress)

    By Anonymous Jessie, at 1:19 PM  

  • Whatever works for you!

    By Blogger jessie, at 3:34 PM  

  • That is absolutely awesome. I laminated my pages so that I could draw on them with dry erase markers and that if I spilled one of my 50 cups of coffee a day the pattern would be safe :-)

    By Blogger Samantha, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home