Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Friday, September 30, 2005

Shaping?

I decided to do shaping on my Samus (I'm not quite there yet - I've finished with both sleeves, and I'm currently just starting the second repeat of the waist cable band). I adapted shaping from Knitty's Rosedale, because... well, because I love Rosedale something fierce, I've knit two, and I know how the waist shaping will come out. Plus it's a cardigan knit in the round. I wrote it all out for the XL, breaking up the left, back, and right. It'll be really simple AND will break up some of the monotony of the stockinette.

Is anyone else planning on doing any sort of shaping to the body of their Samuses?

2 Comments:

  • No, I'm not doing any shaping, but I applaud your enthusiasm! I hope it works out exactly the way you want it to!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:00 AM  

  • I haven't started it yet but I did promise DD, the recipient, that I would shape it. I haven't totally figured it out yet, but I'll start just after the waist braid. I have her measurements, so I'll do some math on it when I get there.

    By Anonymous Deb in CT, at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home