Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Friday, September 23, 2005

The push is on

No picture. If you want to see my Samus project, scroll down to my last post and add a few repeats to what you see. I am bound and determined to have the waistband done and the body stitches picked up by 3:30 today, so I can hang out and knit, chartless, during my daughter's dance class. Too bad I have a life that needs attention and I can't devote the whole day to knitting. I would have done more, but I was busy finishing my first Clapotis.

I've got two repeats left, and I have happily adopted the no-cable-needle approach to this project, which is working out wonderfully. The unknown quantity, however, is how many times I am going to have to pick up body stitches before I get it right. (I am a very intelligent person who scored 750 on her math SATs. I just can't count.)

Can it be done by this afternoon, given that I have to finish mowing the lawn; today is (according to my flylady schedule) vacuum and mop day; and I have a million other things to take care of? Yes, it can be done. I just have to get off the computer.

7 Comments:

  • Ok, 1st, forget the housework - don't you know that the Flylady is really a man! Yep, it's a trick to get all us SAHM's to keep a cleaner house. Obviously, everyone knows that knitting is more important than vaccuuming! Seriously, how are you doing the no-cable-needle thing? I tried it on one little row, and had to retrieve stitches 3 times! Is there a trick to it?

    By Blogger Lyn, at 7:23 AM  

  • Ok, in my daily blog perusal, I just went to your blog (which, by coincidence, I started reading last week) and had an Ah-ha! moment. (Have I mentioned I'm a little slow?) I didn't realize you were one & the same. I like your blog alot, and the Clapotis is lovely!

    By Blogger Lyn, at 8:11 AM  

  • You could hit the dust with the blow dryer then get yourself one of those remote vacuums.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 8:37 AM  

  • Don't vacuum! You may get some yarn stuck in there by accident! Better safe than sorry, and save the cleaning until tomorrow :) When your family is around to clean while you knit lol

    By Blogger Dagny, at 9:15 AM  

  • Dagny, I agree!!!! ROFLOL

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 10:09 AM  

  • It took me three tries to get the right amount. I made way higher on verbal than math on my SAT and GRE. I worked on the braid and ignored dust. :)

    By Anonymous Paula, at 4:55 PM  

  • It took me two tries to get the stitches picked up right :-)

    By Blogger Samantha, at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home