Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Jumping in mid-stream

Hi! I'm Amy, and I just found this blog this morning, when I gave my eyes a break after finishing the Saxon Braid for the waistband. (Why, oh why did I decide to make this for MYSELF, an XL on a good day!) 10 repeats made my eyes buggy, but now that it's done, I can chill out and knit the stockinette mindlessly for a while.


Anyway, I chose KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in "Grass," and I'm satisfied with it thus far. I have about 8-10 rows of stockinette done above the braid-band. (Please ignore the cheap circ's.... I only had 16" on hand and ran to the ONLY store nearby that's open on Sunday and all I could find there was this set of cheap 29's. I'm going to hit my LYS tomorrow and get bamboo 36" and just return
these....)


4 Comments:

  • Oh! What a lovely color!

    By Blogger Jessie, at 10:07 AM  

  • Thanks! I was a little concerned that the color on my monitor would differ from the actual color of the yarn, but when it arrived, I was pleasantly suprised! (Although I did order a swatch card for my next KnitPicks adventure...)

    By Blogger Amy, at 10:28 AM  

  • I also considered Grass for my Samus. When it came down to it, I wanted the yarn now and went with the Lamb's Pride. Very pretty.

    By Blogger Marla, at 2:04 PM  

  • Love that green also. You are well on your way. It is so much fun to watch everyone's progress and all the colors look so wonderful.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home