Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm In

Not sure what I'm thinking, but I'm all over this cardigan. I was originally planning it for myself, but now I think my stepmother might like it. I don't see anyone using the Lamb's Pride as called for in the pattern but I'm going to go for it. It tends to be my worsted yarn of choice and I love the colors it comes in.

I am going to be a good girl and swatch this on some yarn in my stash before I spring for the new stuff. I tend to knit a bit loose so I'll use needles one size down and see what happens. This is my first knitalong, and I am hoping that everyone's progress keeps me motivated. But hopefully a few of you will drop the ball so I don't feel like the slowest on in the group.

I am just finishing up the flora neckwarmer, also from the latest knitty issue, and I have vowed not to start Samus until that's done. Excuse me while I go knit.

2 Comments:

  • I'm using the exact yarn called for in the pattern. Color and all. I actually have a 5lb cone of it sitting on the floor next to me. Enough to make it at least twice. *laugh*

    Alyx
    http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

    By Blogger Alyx, at 3:16 PM  

  • Jessie,

    Hi, I just joined this Knitalong as well, and it will be my first one too! I haven't made a final yarn choice yet, but I'm also learning towards using the Lamb's Pride, and I'm thinking aboutmaking mine in red. They have several choices in red.

    By Blogger l_kelly, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home