Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Holy Poo, Batman!

Oh, ladies. And gents, if there are gents. This cable is going to whup my fanny. I suppose it would help if I had more experience than making Coronet this past spring (which turned out really nicely in Kureyon). Seriously, though, after an hour or so of cursing and tinking and cabling and cursing and tinking and cursing some more, I finished 20 rows of the first repeat. Thank goodness it's so pretty, or I'd have set it on fire by now.

3 Comments:

  • Lauren, don't give up! If you have to, print out the cable pattern bit, and cross off each row as you do it (or even each cable bit!) I wrote it up on index cards, and flip each row over as I do it... and yes, I've gotten lost in the pattern a half-dozen times too, and you're right, if it wasn't so nice it would be ripped by now :)

    By Blogger Dagny, at 10:26 AM  

  • I'm sure burning Samus cables would be pretty, but not as pretty as a sweater, I don't think. Keep going, you can do it.

    Alyx
    http://stringtheoryfiberarts.typepad.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

  • You're not the only one lumbering along on the cables. Heck, I do a little happy dance every time I get to a non-cabling row!! I wonder in anyone using a life line? I'm tempted because the idea of knitting sections of the band twice make me weep quietly in my sleep!

    By Blogger Samantha, at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home