Samus Cardigan Knitalong

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hello everyone!

I am a new knitter and this is my first sweater project so I am happy to know that I have a support system out there in this knitalong. I have been looking for a sweater to knit for a while now that would keep my interest and challenge my skills, but not be so hard that it would send me running for the hills. As soon as this pattern came out I knew it had to be the one! My experience with yarns is very limited as I have only done a couple of felted bags up to this point with Lamb's Pride, Noro Kureyon, and Cascade 220. (Although I have to confess that none of those have actually been felted yet - the process intimidates me.) Anyway, Cascade 220 was my choice for this project in a kid of heathery dark purple color and I am doing it on Addi Turbos, which I have fallen in love with. Since this is the first cabling I have ever done it was a slow start for me, but I am happy to say that I have done 7 and a half repeats on the bottom band and I think it will have a total of nine to make sure it is comfortably roomy. Hopefully pictures will be coming shortly, but there is a slight learning curve there that I have to overcome first. Any suggestions on the best way for a newbie to the blogging world to post photos?

1 Comments:

  • To insert a photo click the photo icon where you created your post. Upload your photo from your saved location. Save then republish your post. I hope that helps.

    By Blogger Fiberbliss, at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home